Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Beauty and Rest

These are two things that are often lacking in our lives. As I am waiting on the coffee to brew pre 6 a.m. I can hear one of my little girls jump out of bed and running through our upstairs. For me, time to read and think and drink coffee in silence or at least quiet is very restful and beautiful. Perhaps I think of those coffee times as more beautiful when they are quiet. I am starting to learn that the quiet is great. But the little feet running downstairs is greater. There will always be a sense of joy from being still and just knowing God is sovereign. But there is great joy in my daughter pretending to read and drink coffee with me. I am always looking for a more restful state or something that just seems simpler. There seems to be a deep call to enjoy the grace of the  moment, no matter the moment. I often think that in these moments God has forgotten how important my time with Him is. We all have times when we think we know what we need. We are tired, empty or soul sick. We think we need a vacation or at bare minimum a sleep in day. Maybe what we all need is the wisdom to see the gift of the moment. The beauty of simple conversation with a 2 year old. The fostering of a good morning ritual for my children. Many of these perspective shifts don't happen because we just start thinking them. They take a grace anvil to waken us up to the presence of God in our own homes and lives. We live life in the mundane and God is very present in our lives. I pray that I will see Him at work in my own heart and my own home. I pray that you will see it more clearly as well.
Grace and peace

No comments:

Post a Comment